Seating Design & Testing
The CONFORMat® system provides accurate, real-time information on pressure distribution and Center of Force (CoF) trajectory that helps providers develop optimal seating and positioning system for each individual patient. The unique, truly flexible design makes the CONFORMat® the most advanced pressure mapping system available for seat and back analysis.
CONFORMat Seating and Positioning System:
Portable, lightweight sensor is easy to move between patients and facilities
- Specially designed CONFORMat sensor conforms to the shape of the patient and support surfaces to eliminate false pressure readings
- 2,000+ individual sensing elements provide accurate, high-resolution readings
Диагностический измерительный комплекс CONFORMat®
In a recent study(1), the CONFORMat was found to have superior performance over other interface pressure mats on:
- Pressure magnitude readings at areas of highest loading and at the most complex curvatures.
- Buttocks immersion indicating least amount of hammocking.
- Least overall influence between the buttocks and common seat cushions.
Benefits of Pressure Mapping:
- Helps optimize cushion selection and custom seating development
- Provides justification and documentation for treatment decisions
- Engages patients with vivid color display and provides them with clear, visual feedback
- Aids in identification of unseen asymmetries and pelvic obliquities
- Provides accurate data for answering research hypotheses or development questions
(1) Pipkin & Sprigle (2008) Effect of Model Design, Cushion Construction, and Interface Pressure Mats on Interface Pressure and Immersion. JRRD, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 875–882.
- Screen for high pressure areas that may be at increased risk for sores, ulcers, and wounds
- Monitor progression and treatment of wound ulcerations
- Validate wheelchair cushion selection and adjustments
- Aid in identification of unseen asymmetries and pelvic obliquities
- Pre- and post-surgical evaluations
Numerous articles have been published regarding seating and positioning pressure mapping and its applications. Tekscan has compiled a list of these research publications in ourMedical Bibliography.
CONFORMat® System Connection Options
A Tekscan system consists of scanning electronics, software, and patented thin-film sensors. The CONFORMat® system is configurable based on your application requirements.
CONFORMat Tethered: Wires connect the sensor and scanning electronics on the subject to the computer via USB port.
Scanning speed is 100 Hz with Evolution® electronics.
Scanning speed is 100 Hz with VersaTek® electronics.
*VersaTek sytems is shown.
CONFORMat Wireless: Data is transmitted directly from the subject to the computer, allowing for a wide range of applications.
Data can be recorded with the subject up to 100 meters away and displayed on the computer in real time. A 100 Hz scan rate is available.
CONFORMAT Datalogger: The datalogger function allows recordings to be stored on the unit and uploaded at a later date.
Ideal for use when a recording needs to be made over an extended period of time.
Scan rates of 100 Hz can be achieved with the datalogger connection.
* Components depend on system configuration. Additional items may be included with your system purchase.
What are VersaTek and Evolution electronics?
Evolution and VersaTek electronics connect to the sensor, gather the data from the sensor, and then process and send this data to your computer via USB connection. When you choose a system that uses VersaTek electronics, it is possible to share electronics for other Tekscan systems to reduce your costs.
- Evolution electronics provide a maximum scanning speed of 100 Hz
- VersaTek electronics provide a maximum scanning speed of 440 Hz
CONFORMat® Software Features
All Tekscan software works with current Windows® based operating systems. To view the complete computer requirements click here.
The software is available in several languages including Spanish, French and German.
- Цена: Цену уточняйте